Submissions are currently closed.
Please check back soon for details on Volume 5 submissions.
We are currently accepting poetry, fiction, non-fiction, visual art, comic and photography submissions by pan-Asian.Canadian writers, creators and artists, for Volume 4 of LooseLeaf Magazine! (We use a period instead of a hyphen to include non-status folk)
Please label email submissions with your name, submission category, and volume: “Abby – Fiction – Volume 4” and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not leave your name on the attached files of your work.
If you are comfortable letting us know where you are based in Canada, or what part of Asia you link your heritage to, please let us know in your email submission as this will help our ongoing research and awareness on inclusivity and diversity in our own programming and work!
- Submit a maximum of 3 pieces
- We love both short and long form poetry
- Please use a a legible 12pt. font
- Due to the possibility of formatting errors, please send your submission in .pdf format
Visual Art Guidelines (Comics Included)
- Submit a maximum of 5 pieces in this name format: title, art medium, year
- Include a short artist statement
- Images Specs: minimum 300 dpi and .jpeg(If submission is performance art or has a video supplement, include link)
Prose Guidelines (Fiction/Non-Fiction)
- Submit a maximum of 2 pieces
- Word Count per piece: 4000 – 6000(we aren’t overly strict with word count)
- Please use Times New Roman 12pt. font(unless font is integral to your story)
- Please send your work in .doc, .docx or .pdf
If your work doesn’t traditionally fit into any of the above categories, or is a hybrid of genres, please submit it under the category you feel most appropriate and we will consider it just the same.
LooseLeaf is committed to paying you for your work!
Our Publication Rates (We pay, you get paid, caps apply per contributor)
- 15CAD per poem (capped at 45CAD)
- 30CAD per poem surpassing 2 pages (capped at 60CAD)
- 40CAD per short story
- 40CAD per non-fiction piece
- 40-70CAD per visual art piece (capped at 80)
- 20-40CAD per comic
Please direct all questions you might have to Jasmine at email@example.com
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but please inform us if your work is accepted by another publication.
- We only accept unpublished work (work from personal blogs, personal portfolios & exhibition anthologies may be submitted).
- Past published contributors will not be published in back-to-back volumes. Please wait one submission cycle before submitting your work to us again.
- LooseLeaf Magazine purchases first North American Serial Rights for published works that revert back to the author upon publication. This means YOU keep copyright, but guarantee that the work we publish is appearing in publication for the FIRST time.
- We ask that you include a statement of acknowledgement in any subsequent reprints.
- Due to our number of submissions, please allow us 2-3 months to get back to you!